Did you know? – “According to a Nielsen research study, more than 32% of Boston Globe readers spent more than $5,000 on their last vacation. 33% of readers traveled outside the country more than 3 times in the past three years, proving that Boston residents are active travelers.”
The Boston Globe Travel Show is back for its 13th round, and we can’t wait to be a part of it this year! It will be StreetTrotter’s first year to attend the three day event (February 10-12), but if you have heard of it before, you would know that it is one of the largest consumer travel shows in the country showcasing the culture of both exotic and domestic destinations around the world.
Thrown into a mix of more than 200 travel exhibitors – The Boston Globe Travel Show pavilions this year features cruise specials, adventure travel, day trip destinations, volunteer travel, vacation planning and packages and much more. Regular price tickets are $10 in advance online and $15 at the door.
Why should you attend?
- If you are always on a lookout for travel deals and giveaways.
- If you are a travel enthusiast and you would like to learn more about 1,000 Places to See Before You Die, Giving back when traveling, Solo women travel, Travel blogging, and lots of Travel Tips from around the world.
- Looking for more? – Pauline Frommer, Editorial Director of Frommer Travel Guides and award-winning travel journalist, will be speaking about “Insider Tips for Creating Great Vacations in All Price Ranges”.
- Boston Globe travel writer Chris Muther will give his tips for “The Digital Traveler: Best Apps, Photos & Travel Products”.
- Cultural dancer performances from the Philippines and Dominican Republic, including showing you some basic steps of Merengue and Bachata.
But if you also like having fun while you work and travel – here is our favorite highlight! – The Craft Beer Pavilion (on Saturday and Sunday) – will showcase 100 beers from over 40 different breweries from around New England, and will feature Lord Hobo’s Brunch Bites & Brews on Sunday. Each session allows you to have unlimited beer tasting while you learn more about the breweries and beer tours on offer. A Separate ticket is required for Beer Pavilion sessions – priced at $35 for Saturday and $45 for Sunday.
HOW TO ENTER OUR GIVEAWAY: 2 TICKETS FOR THE SHOW – General Admission
- Share any of our posts on your social media, tag us on that platform and use #BGTravel to be entered.
- Deadline to finish the above: Wednesday, February 8, 2017 – 12:00 AM EST
- We will announce the winners in this post after! 😀
The winner of The Boston Globe Travel Show giveaway tickets is: (To be announced)